Welcome to District 187's Open Beta!
We'd like to thank our Closed Beta testers for their help and hard work. As a token of our appreciation we have allowed all Closed Beta players to keep their character names, friends list, clan names and clan members.
Also, we'd like to remind players that playing on their regional servers (North America, South America and Europe) will improve their connection speeds and gameplay overall.
This version update includes many changes including:
- Hunt. Kill. Repeat. Once a playground for the criminal underworld, the sewers of District 187 is now a battleground to chase and evade through maze like tunnels and water wells. Get sprayed by water or by bullets.
- A new Bomb mission map; players can detonate or defend within the confines of a once thriving factory, destroyed after the Worker's Revolution. Eyes in the back of your head recommended.
- In the air, land and sea, corruption reigns. The SS Steuben, perceivably, a harmless, old cargo ship, is actually a vessel for drug and human trafficking. Rally allies, check every corner and pile up the kills before time runs out.
- As a long double-barreled shotgun, it boasts strong power and fast rate of fire, but it has a slow reload speed and a low amount of ammo.
- A self defense arm that uses 6.8 mm SPC ammo. It is quite destructive, but costly ammo and a high recoil demand sophisticated control.
- A variation of the M16 and comparable to the AK rifle. Considerably high destructive power with stable performance. Easy to handle.
- This gun is more commonly known as the Desert Eagle .50. It is quite powerful, almost as damaging as a rifle, but beginners may find it difficult to control due to its high recoil.
- A new modification decal has been added.
- The amount of gold earned per match has been adjusted to the standard rate. (NOTE: Gold gain in Closed Beta was significatly increased to aid testing).
- All game maps have been renamed to better reflect their position in the storyline.
- - OLD TOWN is now Civic Center
- - KILL PORT is now The Docks
- - HUNTING HILL is now The Ghetto
- - TWO WAY is now The Slums
- - THE BANK is now Uptown
- A number of regions have been blocked from the game servers including: All of Asia, All CIS countries, All Middle East countries, All countries in Africa,
- A number of game and text bugs have been squashed.
- Certain countries in South America and Europe are being blocked. We're working to expand and add those countries over the next few weeks.
- The Quick Join button shows it's hotkey as 'F5'. It's actual hotkey is still CTRL+Q.
- The text on the Gun Modification section is still wrong. We know, it'll be fixed in the next build.
- The text on MATCH LOSE is still wrong. This too will be fixed in the next build.
- Various other text bugs still persist.
Thanks, we'll see you in-game!
~District 187 Live Team